Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 05, 2006

saturday

after a fairly long night, when I caught up on all the eating I missed during the day (too many other exciting things were happening to me then) another wet day dawned in Vancouver. we were visited in the morning by another midwife, Julia. now there's a lady with an obsession about bowel habits! she asked after the whole family, except dad. she took a close look at me, stuck a very sharp piece of metal into my foot in order to make it bleed, and pronounced mom and I as doing very well under the circumstances.

dad and joel went out and jumped in a few puddles in the afternoon, whilst mom and I sat in a bath of much warmer water. I was actually still fully dressed and sitting on her shoulder for much of the time, until I fell asleep, and then she put me in my chair and added a load more water to the tub.

having fed pretty consistently during the day, I only wanted to eat every two hours during the night, much to mom's relief. I didn’t really do much crying either, other than between 3am and 4 am, so all in all we were in pretty good shape on sunday morning.

No comments: