Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 03, 2010

Visiting the Aquarium

It's been a LONG time since i last went to the aquarium, like maybe two years - half my lifetime. Long enough that while i remembered seeing the belugas i had totally forgotten there was a play area there too.

Mom and i played I-spy trying to find all the fish listed in the tropical tanks:
 
 

There were a lot of Nemos, and even a shark....and a giant turtle who was as big as me.
 

The jellyfish were kind of cool, but not as fascinating to me as the colour-changing bubble machines
 
 


we saw the beginning of a 4D movie called The Polar Express, but i didn't like it AT ALL, so we left pretty quick. When something splashed on screen you actually got wet sitting on your seat! The train went out of control and was screaming down the track....my seat was shaking, it was really loud and the wind was blowing in my face..SCARY.

We retreated to the safety of the kids area, where i built a tower of foam blocks and had a rest to recover from the experience
 


 

 

All in all a great day out. I can't wait to go back again some day.

No comments: